Labels

Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20th - Day 40

Hangover survival kit
Today was a dark and sad day...today was the day that I learned that I am no longer able to drink and party like I did in my early 20's without consequences. Mom, if you are reading this...sorry...not one of my best moments...

Last night we all went out for a big group dinner and copious amounts of wine were had by all, including myself. I will not go into all of the details, but let's just say that I woke up this morning not feeling so well and regretting the aforementioned amounts of wine that I consumed. Compounding my misery was the fact that today we spent most of the day on a hot bus as we traveled back to Athens.

Our first stop of the day was at the Volos Museum. I cannot honestly tell you what I saw in that museum as I was trying not to be sick on the antiquities (again...sorry Mom). I vaguely remember seeing some more grave stele and pottery. After the museum it was back on the bus for a few hours on our way to Mitrou. I slept most of the way and felt somewhat better when we arrived. We stopped for lunch at a small "mom and pop" restaurant. I think they were very overwhelmed with our group of 20.

On our way down to the beach, we stopped at the headquarters of the Mitrou dig currently going on and visited with the dig supervisor and got to talk with some of the excavators and see what they are currently working on. We spent the next few hours at the beach, before heading back to Athens. Only 4 more days left in Greece!

No comments:

Post a Comment