Labels

Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24th - Day 14

We got into Athens around 6 am this morning and headed straight back to Loring Hall. While most people went back to sleep, I did laundry and went to the library to work on my site presentations, as both of them are coming up on our Peloponnese trip. I manged to get most of it done and I enjoyed hanging out in the library because it has air conditioning. Athens is hot!! It's been in the 90's everyday for the past week and it is not showing any sign of cooling down while we are here.

At 4 pm, we met up with Bob Bridges, one of the directors here at ASCSA, who took us on a walking tour of Athens and pointed out some of the post-antique architecture. After a quick bite to eat, we went to the Athens University Museum to see a performance of Socrates Now, a one man show about the trial of Socrates. The performer was excellent and I really enjoyed the show. There was a discussion panel after the show, which I did not stay for because it was around 11 pm and I was exhausted. Plus I still had to walk back to Loring Hall...

Tomorrow is our last trip to the Acropolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment